Warren County, Missouri
"Let the welfare of the people be the supreme law." - Missouri State Motto
- Personal Property
Welcome to the Warren County Collector’s Office Home Page
The office of Collector is an elected office with a four year term. Julie Schaumberg was elected Warren County Collector on November 4, 2014.
• Collects current and delinquent Real Estate and Personal Property taxes, Levee District taxes, and State Assessed Utility taxes.
• Collects over $34.3 million in tax revenue annually.
• Calculates the disbursement of revenue collected to 32 taxing entities (schools, cities, fire, ambulance, library, roads, etc.).
• Issues the county Merchant & Manufacturer License.
• Provides services on behalf of real estate owners who escrow taxes with their mortgage holders.
• Conducts the Delinquent Tax Sale on the fourth Monday of August each year.
• Tax statements are mailed the second week of November and are delinquent after December 31st each year. Please contact the Collector’s office if you have not received your bill by the end of November.
• Inspect your statements to verify that mailing address, vehicles and legal descriptions are correct. Return bottom portion of statement with payment.
• Failure to receive a tax bill does not relieve the obligation to pay taxes and applicable late fees.
• To avoid penalty and interest your payment must be postmarked no later than December 31st.
• Delinquent tax years must be paid before current year taxes.
• Payments can be made in person, by mail, or outside drop box located right of administration building entrance. Accepted forms of payment are cash, check, money order or cashier’s check.
• Multiple bills may be paid with one check.
• The Collector of Revenue has no authority to make any changes or additions to the tax statement without the County Assessor’s intervention.
• By law, must use any legal means to collect delinquent taxes.
• Primary tax records are maintained and held for public use within the Collector’s office.
|Mailing Address and Location
|Julie Schaumberg, Warren County
||Monday - Friday
|101 Mockingbird Lane, Suite 200
||8:00 am - 4:30 pm
|Warrenton, MO 63383-7003
|24 Hour Drop Box
Located Right of Entrance